Monday, February 1, 2016

Olivia's 2nd Birthday


Well, we ended Olivia's birthday watching Frozen again. I can't tell you how many times we watch that movie. We've also tried to limit the amount of Frozen items that come home with us, but Olivia really loves Anna and Olaf. It's hard to say no sometimes. I hope Olivia enjoyed her birthday. We started the day off playing with balloons. We thought it would be fun to cover our bedroom floor with them and surprise her when she woke up. I saw her peak over the edge of her bed and smile. She got down and started throwing them around and jumping up and down. Eventually she asked me to get down with her and play. After that my plan was to make her some birthday waffles with sprinkles, however, when I added the sprinkles it just turned the batter purple. They still tasted delicious though.


We tried to lay down around 11 for a nap, but someone did not want to sleep. We had already discussed with her that we were going to Target, so of course that's all she wanted to talk about. We picked up a toddler bed there for her and were able to use a $10 off coupon. I spent Friday trying to put it together. Big mistake that was because I ended up putting the headboard on backwards. Dannie helped me turn it around when he got home since I had spent most of my day working on it. We need to make an Ikea trip so we can get a few more things to finish her room. She got a Rapunzel doll from her friend, Brooklyn. She hasn't put her down all weekend.


We had a small birthday get together on Sunday with family and friend's. The theme for her party this year was OLAF! It was a hard choice since she's crazy about so many Disney characters at the moment. I made sure not to go overboard with making decorations this year. It's a lot easier and stress free to purchase it in a store vs. searching for it all online. She had a blast and got to play with her cousin Korben.


We took a picture of Olivia in the same spot as last year and it's crazy how different she looks. Last year she was still on high dose steroids, so she was puffy. She looks so grown up in this years picture. We plan on taking a picture of her each year on her birthday so we can compare them. It'll be nice to be able to give her all of them when she's older.




No comments:

Post a Comment