Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Olivia's Nursery


I've been wanting to talk about Olivia's nursery for awhile now, but just haven't had the chance. Originally when I found out I was pregnant I had decided on teal, orange, gray, and white. I wanted it to be a neutral room. Everyone kept saying that if it was a girl I would want pink and I was sure I wouldn't. Well, to my surprise, the pink won me over eventually. Either way, one thing I was sure of is that I didn't want a theme. I wanted it to be as simple as possible. 

My mom had agreed to make a quilt for Olivia's crib like she did for my two nephews.  She first made one with the original colors I had picked out. After we found out we were having a girl, she quickly started making a new one. Once the quilt was done, everything came together afterwards that matched it. The crib was probably the toughest decision we had to make. Almost all of the ones I picked out were sold out. We finally decided on a white Graco brand from Amazon. 

I fell in love with Katie Daisy's artwork awhile ago. I already had one print in our house prior to setting up her nursery. But, I knew for sure that I wanted to incorporate some into her room. She has two over her crib and one above changing table/dresser. I love that it's very flowery (but, not too feminine) and springy. She also adds beautiful quotes to them. The "dream" sign I picked up at Kirkland's. It has little crystal hooks on it that match the knobs on the dresser. The dresser was purchased from Ikea. It came in a birch color, but we painted it gray. 

The bunting over the changing table/dressing was made by a sweet friend on Instagram. I love that it fits so perfectly on the wall with everything else. Olivia already enjoys looking up at the colorful ABC print on the wall. while getting changed. The embroidery hoops were put together with left-over fabric from the quilt. The hoops were easy to put together and it makes it easy to change them out when you are in the mood to redecorate.  




The glider was purchased from Amazon. The bookshelf was a steal from Closetmaid, as was the square bins. These bookshelves are great because you can always add to them if you need more space. 


Since taking these pictures I have added two wall shelves beside the window. I'm having a hard time finding things to put on them. But, once I get them filled. I will take some pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the little bunting and the ABC print! So cute! This nursery is adorable! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alfa. We are happy with the way it turned out.

      Delete