Monday, August 11, 2014

Quiche Recipe



Our family LOVES quiche! There are many different recipes, but I prefer an easy one. It's quick to make and usually lasts us a few days. Quiche is not only a breakfast food, but you can eat it for lunch or dinner also. I've made a few with different ingredients, but the ham & cheese is my favorite. Also, I don't follow the exact recipe. I just add ham here and peppers there. Whatever I think we will enjoy more of.

You will need:
1 Pie pan or baking dish (spray with nonstick cooking oil)
5 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 pie crust
Salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup ham (I buy the ham steaks. Cook them and then chop them them into small pieces)
1/2 cup chopped green or red bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped onions


Preheat oven to 375. Cook pie crust for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Mix eggs, salt & pepper, and heavy whipping cream together. Layer the peppers and onions on the bottom of the pie crust. Second pour the eggs & whipping cream in. Last of all, sprinkle the shredded cheese and ham in. Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes until egg mixture is set.

Another favorite is broccoli and turkey sausage. You can mix it up according to what you prefer. Just substitute above meat and veggies. Make a few quiches ahead of time and you can always freeze for later :)




No comments:

Post a Comment